Some of it it unavoidable like pregnancy discomforts and newborn night nursings. But I also know that I'm just plain not sleeping enough.
I care about my health. I want to live life to the fullest as a Christ-follower, wife, mom, daughter, and friend. If I'm not eating or sleeping well, it's much harder to do those things well.
This blog is about food, but it's also about health in general. And sleep is too important to not address.
This is the first post in my series Get More Sleep in 2013. I'll be regularly posting tips about how to get more sleep, and sharing why it's important and how it's changing my life. And I won't be working on these posts after 10 PM. :)
Let's start with why it's important to get more sleep.
11 Reasons to Get More Sleep in 2013
1. To Have More Energy (that's a no brainer, right?)
2. To Increase Your Metabolism
3. To Heal Your Hormones (and increase fertility!).
4. To Keep Your Emotions under Control
5. For the Love of Your Liver.
6. To Boost Your Immune System (and not get sick as frequently!)
7. To Improve Your Memory. Forgetful? Try Sleep.
8. To Reset Your Circadian Clock
9. To Get Smarter (give that brain a break!)
10. To Help your Body Hurt Less
11. Because It Feels Good! (don't you love snuggling down into your bed and letting the day fade away?)
So, do you need to get more sleep?This is part of: Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Real Food Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday,
Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Traditions, Simple Lives Thursday
Like what you just read? Subscribe so you don't miss a thing!