11.26.2012

Leftover Mashed Potatoes? Try Potato Pancakes!


Do you have some leftover mashed potatoes lingering in the fridge that need to be used up? Turn them into potato pancakes! They come together quickly and make a great side dish, snack, breakfast, or lunch. Top with butter, sour cream, and chives for a delightfully simple culinary experience.

Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes

 

Ingredients:
2 cups (give or take) leftover mashed potatoes
2 eggs
A couple shakes of garlic powder and dried parsley or other spices as desired (optional)
Butter or ghee for frying
Butter, sour cream, and chives for topping

Directions:
  1. Mash together the potatoes, eggs, and garlic powder with a fork until well combined 
  2. Heat 1-2 T. of butter in a skillet, preferably cast iron.
  3. Drop 1/4 cupfuls of the mixture into the skillet, flattening slightly with a spoon if necessary. 
  4. Cook until browned on one side, then flip and cook the other side.
  5. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture, adding more butter to the skillet when necessary.
  6. Serve with butter, sour cream, and fresh chives, or other toppings of your choice.

How do you like to use your holiday leftovers?

This is part of: Meal Plan Monday at Modern Alternative Kitchen, Monday Mania, Natural Living Monday, Make Your Own Monday, Hearth and Soul, Fat Tuesday, Tiny Tip Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Real Food Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Healthy2Day Wednesday


Like what you just read? Subscribe so you don't miss a thing! 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Joanna, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Natural Living Mondays.

    You know, I always forget about potato pancakes, and yet they're so good! This is so timely, after Thanksgiving.

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looove anything to do with potatoes, and in our house, we never have leftover mashed potatoes LOL, but next time, I'll definitely make a double batch just so we can make these pancakes the next day. Thanks for sharing at Tiny Tip Tuesday! Your post is being featured on my Facebook page today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potato pancakes are something my children love but I also forget about! Thanks for the reminder!
    I would love to have you share this on Thursday at Tasty Traditions: http://myculturedpalate.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love potato pancakes! I am giving away two great prizes on my blog: a $50 gift certificate to my favorite jeweler robinsonlane.com and a copy of a new book published by fellow blogger, Kat Robinson. It is called Arkansas Pie: A Slice of the Natural State. I just know you will love either one. http://diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com/2012/11/2012-merry-merry-munchies-3-baked.html Come link up to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look yummy! I know my kids would love them.
    Thanks for sharing on Natural Living Monday!

    ReplyDelete