9.09.2012

Meal Plan September 10-16


Fall is in the air! And with it comes new dinner themes!

Meal planning with themes helps my brain to not have to work too hard. I just choose a type of meal for each night of the week, and make a list of meals that fit into that category. Then, when meal planning time comes around I just pick one for each night, and I'm done! Breakfasts are pretty much the same each week, and lunch is leftovers or something really easy.

I keep in mind our schedule when choosing themes. For example, I work on Tuesday and Friday evenings, so Tuesday is Leftovers, and Friday is Slow Cooker. Here are my themes for fall:

Monday: Soup/stew
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Italian (pasta or pizza)
Thursday: Meat + Vegetables
Friday: Slow Cooker
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Breakfast for Dinner

If you look closely you'll see that I don't really follow these dinner themes 100%. It doesn't matter. I wanted to try this recipe on Monday so I decided to go for it, even though it's not a soup or stew. :)



Monday

 

Breakfast: Leftover Zucchini Frittata, sauteed potatoes, toast, kombucha

Lunch: Pesto Grilled Cheese and Best-Ever Tomato Soup (from the freezer)

Dinner: Lentils and Carrots with Swiss Chard (with Chicken), naturally fermented sauerkraut, sourdough bread with butter

Tuesday

 

Breakfast: French Toast Frittata, homemade chicken sausage (I made a big batch and froze them, and just reheat in a skillet for a quick breakfast), raw milk

Lunch: Egg salad (make enough for tomorrow's lunch, too)

Dinner: Leftover lentils, baked sweet potatoes

Prep: soak oats for Thursday's Breakfast

Wednesday

 

Breakfast: Eggs fried in coconut oil, sourdough toast with butter, fruit smoothie

Lunch: Leftover Egg Salad

Dinner: Pizza (Last time I made pizza, I froze an extra ball of dough for a quick meal later. Just have to thaw, roll out, top, and bake!)
 
Prep: Start oats in slow cooker, thaw ground beef

Thursday

 

Breakfast: Steel cut oats in the slow cooker

Lunch: Spinach and artichoke dip with whole wheat pita and veggies to dip

Dinner: Stuffed zucchini (stuffed with beef, corn, yummy spices, etc), roasted radishes

Prep: Thaw chicken

Friday

 

Breakfast: Yogurt, granola, hard boiled eggs

Lunch: Leftover stuffed zucchini

Dinner: French chicken slow cooker stew, bread, salad with homemade vinaigrette

Saturday

 

(We try to have a sabbath on Saturday, so I try to cook as little as possible.)

Breakfast: Vinegar and garlic eggs with kale, sourdough toast with butter

Lunch: Leftovers or Peanut Butter & Jelly

Dinner: Leftovers

Sunday

 

Breakfast: Leftover oatmeal, fruit smoothie

Lunch: Hummus, olives, pita, feta cheese, veggies

Dinner: (Breakfast for Dinner!) Blender Pancakes, chicken sausage, scrambled eggs with herbs


By the way, you can find many of the recipes I'm trying on my Pinterest page. Are you following me over there yet?


I'm sharing this at Modern Alternative Kitchen's Menu Plan Monday! Head on over and check out this great meal planning resource!

This is also part of Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment